House Wake! Access Hub Specialist
WORK LOCATION: RALEIGH, NC
ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION & POSITION OVERVIEW
Raleigh Wake Partnership to End and Prevent Homelessness (Partnership) is the Wake County Continuum of Care and collaborative leader of coordinated community efforts to end homelessness in Wake County. Working in partnership with all local non-profit organizations, faith-based organizations, and individuals the Partnership coordinates the centralized Coordinated Access System and local HMIS administration with the goal of ending homelessness as we know it.
The Partnership is hiring full-time bilingual House Wake! Access Hub Specialists to answer inbound calls, oversee the Coordinated Access assessment process for homeless or unstably housed citizens, ensure accurate data entry into an Homeless Management and Information System (HMIS) and provide referrals to the appropriate resources as needed. This position works directly with the House Wake! Access Hub Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct eligibility and needs assessments with individuals and families experiencing homelessness
- Assist clients with planning and preparing for services that have been identified through the CE process
- Provide direct feedback on how service provision can be streamlined or improved
- Problem solve with Partnership staff to provide CE in varying settings and situations • Develop a practical day-to-day knowledge of how homeless services are provided in our community.
- Maintain clients’ dignity and privacy while collecting the minimum amount of client-level data required to access services
- Enter all data into ServicePoint HMIS (the shared community database) in accordance with community data standards and rules of confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, Coordinated Entry meetings & other CoC meetings as needed
Position Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relating to health and human services preferred.
- One-year experience in call center, crisis hotline or information and referral service preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of homeless service systems and health & human services desired
- Ability to effectively assess inquirers needs with cultural competence.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Bilingual Spanish required
- Ability to work in a high paced contact center.
- Competence with necessary computer programs such as Microsoft Office, typing and data entry skills to perform job functions are required.
- Experience with relational databases preferred (specifically HMIS)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in speaking and writing, with persons within and outside of the RWPEH
- Ability to work independently while maintaining willingness to accept supervision
Salary Commensurate with experience, benefits included.
Pay range: $32,250 – $45,000 / Hiring Range: $35,000-$40,o00.
There are no specific Travel Requirements for this position.
Raleigh-Wake Partnership to End and Prevent Homelessness is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com