House Wake! Housing Navigation Program Manager
WORK LOCATION: RALEIGH, NC
ORGANIZATIONAL DESCRIPTION & POSITION OVERVIEW
Raleigh-Wake Partnership to End and Prevent Homelessness (The Partnership) is a mission-driven organization dedicated to leveraging the power of community to address the systemic causes of homelessness through coordinated response, education, data, and advocacy. The Partnership achieves this by working in partnership with local non-profit organizations, faith-based organizations, and individuals while coordinating the centralized HOUSE WAKE! Coordinated Access System and local HMIS administration to end homelessness in Wake County.
The Partnership is hiring full-time Housing Navigation Program manager.
HOUSE WAKE! uses a Housing Navigation Unit (HNU) to connect housing opportunities (property managers) and those that are in need of housing. The success of the HNU program is based on the cumulative efforts of rental market research, outreach and education, recruitment, incentivization, and retention of landlords to expand housing opportunities for people experiencing homelessness. The Partnership believes every community should work towards a centralized approach to landlord engagement and housing search assistance. The HNU Program Manager will be responsible for the successful coordination and engagement of property owners and housing & homeless service providers to further our efforts to help move people from homelessness to housing in our community.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage the operation of the Housing Navigation Unit in the areas of staffing, recruitment of properties, productivity, and efficiency to the standards of the contracts and to the satisfaction of the Continuum of Care Homeless Service Providers.
- Direct, develop, implement, disseminate, and administer operations strategies and objectives to ensure achievement as prescribed by leadership—developing sales goals and strategies for HNU team.
- Provide leadership operational and technical reports on performance and advise how best to achieve performance goals and results.
- Schedule and coordinate the predetermined, recurring and newly scheduled work required to monitor program schedules for all tasks and opportunities.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to plans and schedules.
- Perform evaluations, monitor performance and suggest improvements.
- Supervise staff, train, provide feedback, and work on averting potential problems.
- Develop and analyze monitoring and evaluation data and track key performance indicators as a basis for measuring performance—identifying new leads and avenues for growth.
- Suggest how to enhance efficiency and productivity of both procedures and people.
- Keep abreast with housing and homelessness best practices, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure that program operations and activities follow consistent legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Participate in development of outreach and marketing strategies.
- Create reports and presentations for Leadership Team.
Oversee program efforts to:
- Build community capacity by offering training and workshops including landlord and tenant rights and responsibilities;
- Facilitate events for landlords, such as forums or information events;
- Host media events to promote the program and raise awareness;
- Recognition of the contributions landlords make, thank you events, spotlights, thank you notes, Offer recognition to landlords who participate in the program;
- Providing public endorsement of the program.
- Conducting landlord surveys to identify strengths, challenges, and opportunities.
- Continually gathering information about what local landlords need and want to develop targeted landlord engagement strategies.
- Identifying access points for landlord engagement such as clerk of the court and property records, real estate developers and investors, classified ads, property management and landlord associations, industry groups, trade shows, faith-based organizations, media releases, mailings, social media, new buildings under construction.
- The ideal candidate will be a tested executive and proven leader who empowers employees to achieve their potential, celebrate their contributions, and drive toward success on behalf of the Partnership and the CoC, our clients and the community. Additional personal attributes and characteristics strongly desired in this accomplished professional will include someone who has:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, coupled with presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects, establish workload priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Wake County and how to navigate the varying environments and the ability to engage landlords to identify housing units across the county that are safe and affordable.
- Sensitivity to service populations and socio-economic issues; ability to recognize, understand, and control one’s biases.
- Values honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, common sense, and
- Demonstrates a practice of collaboration, innovation, and
- Embraces data analysis to achieve efficiency and effectiveness and has the ability to create a culture of achievement and
Position Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience
- Strong sales and management experience
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in fields such as public administration, public policy, social work, business administration, or closely related fields;
- Four (4) or more years of experience managing an organizational unit or program within the field of property management, affordable housing, supportive housing, real estate, or similar sector programs with responsibilities including: evaluating, planning, and supervising staff and their activities; program development; program evaluation; policy analysis; and strategic
- Coordinate and supervise the development and implementation of complex programs.
- Analyze and resolve complex administrative and budgetary problems.
- Negotiate effective solutions that balance diverse interests.
- Analyze and evaluate complex program and operational problems and implement effective
- Prioritize the needs of people experiencing homelessness while responding to concerns of the community at-large.
- Work independently in a fast-paced
- Exercise sound judgment within general policy
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in
- Effectively manage multiple high priority projects at a time.
Salary Commensurate with experience, benefits included.
Pay range: $55,000-$75,000 / Hiring Range: $60,000-$65,000.
Must have access to reliable transportation. Possess valid NC Driver’s License and auto liability insurance. This
position does require travel to partner agencies using personal vehicle.
Raleigh Wake Partnership to End and Prevent Homelessness is an equal opportunity employer. Submit cover letter to