Education and training play a critical role in our commitment to lead a collaborative network focused on solutions to end and prevent homelessness in our community. Our collaborative Collective Impact Model enables all of our partners and collaborators to be familiar with and use best practices.
We continue to add, update, as well as curate educational opportunities, training, and collaborative meetings.
NC 507 Onboarding Essentials
NC 507 Onboarding Essentials is most appropriate for new staff, volunteers or board members that you need to get up to speed on the basics.
This two hour training covers:
- Homelessness 101;
- Housing First 101;
- The privilege of service;
- The most common types of services in a system of care and who leads/manages the system of care;
- Where funding comes from and how funding decisions are made;
- Data and measuring outputs and outcomes; boundaries;
- Why privacy and confidentiality is important;
- Why racial equity and inclusion matter;
- An introduction to the service orientation of working with people who are homeless or marginally housed;
- The basics of self-care.
Find and access materials from previously held in-person trainings and webinars.
The Problem-Solving and Diversion Strategies Clinic assists participants in understanding and implementing system-wide and program level problem-solving interventions, specifically problem solving and diversion-focused strategies.
- Using Problem-Solving Infographic
- The Art of Active Listening
- Support Map
- Crititcal Partners Brainstorm Sheet
- Creating Connections Checklist
- 2020 Role Plays Facilitator Guide
- 50 Strengths Based Questions
- Warm Handoff Infograph
- 2023 – The Role of Diversion/Problem Solving Strategy in and Effective Homeless Response System
- 2023 – Problem Solving Tactics
2-day clinic facilitated by the National Alliance to end Homelessness. During this clinic, the Alliance worked with our CoC to make changes in our homeless response system including implementing best practice policies and procedures, and right sizing their system to ensure that homelessness is rare, brief, and one time.
Over the course of 6-7 months, the Raleigh Wake Partnership is offering a menu of homelessness response topics that will provide participants excellent foundational knowledge and strategies for ending homelessness in Wake County.
For an archive of past training videos, please contact us via email: email@example.com
Links to PowerPoints from past training:
Prevention and Diversion
Forum for sharing HMIS updates, reporting needs, data quality issues, and open communication around HMIS usage.
If you are a current HMIS user and wish to join our monthly HMIS meetings, please contact us
For an archive of past meeting videos, please visit our HMIS Meeting Playlist
The HMIS Team provides HMIS users with the opportunity to develop their HMIS expertise through trainings and information sessions!
For an archive of past meeting videos, please visit our HMIS Training Playlist
Focus on supportive housing interventions for persons moving from homelessness into the home.
For an archive of past Supportive Housing videos, please visit our YouTube Playlist.
An overview of the shift adopted by Wake County in 2020 to reinvent the Coordinated Access System.
For an archive of past CAS 101 videos, please visit our YouTube playlist.
Dive into best practices of Coordinated Access Systems.
For an archive of past CAS: Best Practice videos, please visit our YouTube Playlist.